One of the toughest parts of being a missionary in Lusaka, Zambia is feeling isolated, missing America and missing American culture. Heather and I often go an entire week without seeing another American. One of the best ways to feel like an American:Drink a Coke!
In the US you have to be rich to buy bottled cokes but over here bottled cokes are cheaper than cans! I think this is because there is a Coca-Cola bottler here in Lusaka but cans have to be trucked in from either Botswana or South Africa. The Zambian Coke formula tastes very similar to the US formula. The only difference is that in the Zambian Coke formula I think they use real cane sugar instead of sucrose. Cokes are great to give to Zambians. Zambians drink lots of cokes (when they can afford them) and Coke (and Fanta) are very popular over here.
No comments:
Post a Comment