Randy and I met Tisa this past Summer 2008 at Camp Life. Tisa is 12 years old and lives with her grandmother and her sick mother who has Tuberculosis. Tisa is a single orphan, she has lost her father and lives in a small 2 roomed house in Kanyama compound, which is southwest of downtown Lusaka, Zambia.
Tisa is sick and believes she has AIDS. While I'm here, the Health Department of Family Legacy Missions Zambia and I are going to take her into the Tiny Tim program (a program that helps orphaned and vulnerable children with AIDS) at the CorpMed Hospital in downtown Lusaka to get tested for AIDS and started on Anti-Retro Viral (ARV) drugs if necessary.
While we were preparing to come for our 7 month stint here in Zambia I was walking through Walmart and saw this darling pink jacket for only $15 dollars and I couldn't stop crying in Walmart. I just pictured Tisa in the pink jacket instead of the men's overcoat filled with holes that she used at Camp Life last summer. We also picked out new jeans, sandals, and shirts for her. It was so much fun to surprise her with a new outfit and candy in October! Randy and I had the best time making her smile (Sekelela in Chinyanga).
Heather, Tisa with her new clothes, Randy
Heather & Tisa
Randy & Tisa
Heather & Tisa (getting a ring pop lollipop!)
We'll keep you posted as we find out more on Tisa related to her health!
No comments:
Post a Comment