I must say to all of you, how lucky and blessed I've been to be married to my husband for almost 9 years now . My birthday falls tomorrow, but my husband has already let the cat out of the bag on my present this year! It really touches my heart and brings tears to my eyes that he thought of dedicating a fruit orchard to me at the Tree of Life Children's Village! How darling that he thought of blessing the kids here in my name! He's calling it Heather's Fruit Orchard and it will be home to many, many fruit trees that will bless the orphans at the children's village for years to come! I can just see the kids scampering up and down the rows of trees playing hide and seek, chasing each other, and finding a sweet snack before dinner. My husband is planting the following seven fruits:- Bananas
- Mangoes
- Guavas
- Oranges
- Lemons
- Nectarines
- Avocados (do really well here, you should see how big they get! We've had so much guacamole over here, it is just a little hard to find tortilla chips!)
My husband is so darling! I'm so happy to have been with Randy since I was 18! What a journey it has been from freshman sweethearts at Texas A&M (Whoop!), to engineers at Rockwell Collins Inc. (what an amazing, engineering company), and finally to full-time missionaries in Lusaka, Zambia (a country we had never heard of 4 years ago!). Thanks for the birthday present Randy! I love this picture of Randy, he is hugging on one of my sweet girls, Patricia, from last summer's CAMP LIFE. All during camp, he was able to get this double orphan to smile every day by tossing her up into the air and making her laugh! What a cute, husband!
Randy with Patricia!
2 comments:
Heather, happy birthday!!! I should also point out that Randy is not cute... he is downright HANDSOME!!! Ha. Nice birthday present, and thanks for posting!
God bless,
Ziggy
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!! CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS! :-)
ERIC & STACY
Post a Comment