
This past year, both my husband and I have worked with some of the most innocent, sweet, and God loving people we have ever met! I can't wait to tell you about one such person at the Tree of Life Children's Village. Goliath Lungu is the landscaper at the village and he has been working for our ministry for a year and a half now. A few weeks ago, Randy noticed several new pretty flower additions that had been planted around Lahema's House (the first house for orphans built at the Tree of Life). When Randy asked Goliath where the flowers had come from he informed Randy that he had purchased the plants with his own money. When Randy offered to reimburse Goliath he refused, saying in his sweet broken English "No Sir, I am a Christian." Goliath wanted to personally donate to the Children's Village in his own way. Goliath doesn't make very much money, but his servant heart motivates Randy and I to work harder for these darling kids. I hope this story has been an encouragement to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment