You never see men wearing shorts in Zambia. Why is this? It's like 100 degrees outside and every male on the work site is wearing pants or jeans. Why? I'll tell you why. Because in Zambian culture a boy wears shorts...when he becomes a "man" he leaves childish shorts behind and wears only trousers. I wish somebody would have told me this 6 weeks ago. Of course I've worn shorts every single day I've been here. If the workers at the site think I'm childish, well fine.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Zambia Tip #1
You never see men wearing shorts in Zambia. Why is this? It's like 100 degrees outside and every male on the work site is wearing pants or jeans. Why? I'll tell you why. Because in Zambian culture a boy wears shorts...when he becomes a "man" he leaves childish shorts behind and wears only trousers. I wish somebody would have told me this 6 weeks ago. Of course I've worn shorts every single day I've been here. If the workers at the site think I'm childish, well fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment